The Benefits of Direct Mail
Has the Internet Killed Direct Mail?
Contrary to past speculation, digital technologies, have actually made direct mail more attractive. Here’s why…
- Many companies did, indeed, shift from print to email marketing. but that means instead of your direct mail being one of 20 in the prospects’ mailbox, yours is one in two or three.
- Digital printing has dramatically lowered the cost of printing.
- Fulfillment can be cheaper; instead of ‘having operators standing by…’ your direct mail offer can drive traffic to your door and your website.
Direct Mail is Highly Targeted
Direct mail marketing is highly targeted, which is a huge advantage for companies that know their target market. In other words, companies can send direct mail pieces to specific buying groups, based on key demographics, such as gender, age, household income, household size and profession.
Direct Mail is Easy to Track
Direct mail advertising is also easy to track, which allows a company to easily compute their return on investment (ROI). If the company generates leads or orders by mail, all the company needs to do is key (identify) the coupon. That way the company will know exactly which mailing elicited the response. The company can then determine the number of sales from the mailing, subtract expenses and calculate its profit.
What are the advantages of using Cooperative Direct Mail?
The average cost of a custom direct mail piece runs nearly 44 cents per home. Co-op direct mail (many merchants sharing the same envelope to keep costs low) is the best method to reach new customers and re-establish contact with previous customers in your local trading area. With cooperative direct mail, you’ll be able to reach potential customers for as low as 3 cents per home.
What does Great Deals do to help me reach customers?
- Professionally design a direct response coupon.
- Present a proof for your approval.
- Print and mail to from 120,000 – 220,000 residences, depending on the market.
- Pay the postage.
- Provide proof of mailing from the U.S. Post Office.
- Give you professional personalized service. Every client has different needs and we cater to those needs
I don’t have a good graphic artist. Can you help?
Yes, we can. Because we specialize in Direct Mail and Direct Response formats, our knowledgeable designers and copy specialists know how to target your market and create a message that speaks directly to their needs.
I have my own graphic artist. Is that okay?
Yes, we happily work in a collaborative effect with you and your other design and marketing professionals. But keep in mind that there are a lot of people who consider themselves graphic artists because they can “do design.” So be sure they are successful in Direct Mail copy writing, and Direct Response ad designing. It is key to your success. And if you are unsure, don’t worry. We include, at no extra charge, all design and copy writing services when you participate in our program.